An increasing number of chiropractic patients are benefiting from massage therapy. Not only is massage relaxing; it has numerous therapeutic effects, including, but not limited to:
- reducing blood pressure and heart rate;
- increasing local blood flow;
- increasing thoracic gas volume, peak flow and forced vital capacity;
- increasing cytotoxic capacity (activity level of the body's natural killer cells);
- strongly influencing lymph flow;
- improving gait, range of motion and foot-to- floor force;
- reducing muscle tension and pain after repeated treatments;
- reducing pain, stiffness and fatigue;
- reducing anxiety, tension, pain and depression in cancer patients;
- reducing posttraumatic headache;
- increasing muscle tone and flexibility;
- reducing morning sickness in pregnant women;
- decreasing duration of labor, hospital stay and postpartum depression:
- applications to sports medicine.
I have recommended massage therapy to my patients for over 15 years. I find it to be a valid addition to the Ross-Method of chiropractic treatment. Patients unfamiliar with chiropractic are often more likely to consider massage than having their backs adjusted. However, constant massage therapy will not change the underlying problems in your back.
By working together, the massage therapist and I help the patient get well (and stay well). More and more insurance companies now recognize the value of massage therapy and are paying accordingly.
Massage is an excellent method for improving overall health and musculoskeletal efficiency. Massage has a number of beneficial effects on the body and the mind. Some of these include removal of toxins that can build up in the muscles of the body, increased circulation, and increased flexibility in not only the muscles, but also the connective tissue within the body.
Massage also can help with muscle spasms as well as soft tissue injuries. Increasing the movement and reducing the overall recovery time by helping the body in the healing process. In addition, consistent massage has been known to increase balance.
Massage has proven to assist in the healing of a large number of conditions including back pain, surgery recovery, eating and sleep disorders as well as high blood pressure and diabetes among others.
Call Today To Book Your Massage!
NO CLAIMS - JUST RESULTS!